- Martin Authentic Series Acoustic Guitar
- Custom Shop Built
- Vintage Tone System tops
- Hide glue construction
- Pocketed hand-shaped bracing
- Dreadnought body
- Solid Adirondack Spruce Top with Vintage Tone System (VTS)
- Solid Brazilian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Gloss finish
- Hard Case included
D-45S AUTHENTIC 1936
Here to remind you why you fell in love with us in the first place, the new Authentics are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institution. The D-45S Authentic 1936 is based on a large body D-45 located in our museum, and features Brazilian rosewood back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, period-correct "45" Authentic style appointments, and includes gold tuners with hand-engraved butterbean knobs. Martin’s new VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) is employed for the top and braces. The new Martin VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
BUILT LIKE IT’S 1935.
They’re built using traditional hide glue, pocketed hand-shaped bracing, and other timeless techniques in the Martin Custom Shop. Our Vintage Tone System ages the wood to accurately replicate the tone and look of Martin’s coveted pre-war guitars. The Authentic Series: new guitars designed to take you back in time.
SPECIFICATIONS - OVERVIEW
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret Large Body
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: Authentic 1936 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- NECK SHAPE: Authentic 1936
- BACK MATERIAL: Brazilian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: Brazilian Rosewood
- ELECTRONICS: No
- CASE: Ply Hardshell
Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
1x Martin D-45S Authentic 1936 VTS | Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar | Solid VTS Spruce Top & Rosewood B&S | Case